An Alternative to Lawn
A lush green lawn is beautiful, but there are many reasons you might want to ditch the grass. Decorative ground covers using hardscape materials might be just what you’re looking for. Here is a list of things to consider.
- Ground covers generally require less maintenance than traditional lawns. With hardscape materials, there is no weeding whatsoever.
- Of course, there is little water used when compared to lawns. By replacing part or all of your lawn, you can significantly reduce water usage, making your landscaping more environmentally friendly and potentially saving on water bills.
- Lawn maintenance often involves the use of pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers. Each of these can be harmful to the environment and potentially hazardous to humans and pets. Ground covers generally require fewer or no chemical treatments. This can promote a healthier and safer outdoor environment.
- When you combine a hardscape ground cover with drought-tolerant native plants, it can attract pollinators like bees and butterflies. After all, who doesn’t want a more vibrant ecosystem in their yard.
- Hardscape ground covers can help prevent weed growth. And, it reduces the need for herbicides.
- Decorative ground covers can add a unique and attractive look to your landscape. It can provide different colors, textures, and shapes for visual interest. Hardscape materials provide year-round beauty.
- For people with grass allergies, replacing the lawn with native plants and hardscape decorative ground cover can significantly improve outdoor comfort and enjoyment.
American stone offers a variety of hardscape decorative ground covers. You might be looking at improving your outdoor living areas, or involved in xeriscape landscaping project. Whatever the need, we’re here to help. Because we live and work where are locations are, we understand the needs of local environment. Check out our different ground cover options below.