Rock Retaining Walls
So, you need to define a space in your landscape. Maybe divide, layer, and terrace your yard? You can get all that and more from a rock retaining wall. Here are a few of the advantages of a rock wall that will make your landscape pop.
· One of the main reasons to have a retaining wall is to prevent soil erosion. The wall holds back soil and prevents it from washing away from rainfall, runoff, or other natural forces. This is really important on sloped areas where erosion can occur.
· Retaining walls provide structural stability and support. Imagine a sloped yard that you would like to include some flat level surfaces. Maybe for a garden or just to play. A wall can prevent the collapse or sliding of soil. It just keeps things in place.
· A well designed retaining wall can help manage water drainage. It can direct water away from structures or other vulnerable areas.
· Have we mentioned they’re beautiful? Retaining walls made from natural rocks or stone enhance the visual appeal of your home and property. They add a natural and rustic look that blends well with gardens and outdoor living areas.
· When done right, rock retaining walls are durable, resilient, and long-lasting.
· Once in place, rock retaining walls don’t need much maintenance. They won’t rot or warp like some other materials and can withstand the elements for years to come with little upkeep.
There are hundreds of sizes, shapes, and styles of rock to choose from. Check out some of our selections below, then give us a call, or click on the request a quote button. Whatever your landscape needs are for a rock retaining wall, we’re here to help.